Friday, January 30, 2009

I Like Rice Cereal and I Cannot Lie


I really tried to hold out until the 6 month mark to introduce solids to Liliana (and by the way, I think Liliana is going to stick and Lily won't happen). But tonight, we ended up sort of unceremoniously giving her rice cereal. She was downing 21oz of milk between the hours of 9-5 and in addition to that, I was nursing her 3 times. She really seems fascinated when I would eat something so I decided that all signs pointed to her being ready...even if I wasn't. Okay, I know it is crazy, but it is just one of those things that marks her growing up. I am so excited to see what will happen next but it was a little sad at the same time. Even Chris felt a little sad. However, solids are only twice a day and we will still nurse at night during the week and all other feedings on weekends. So, it went really well. She really enjoyed the cereal and downed the whole bowl. She did seem to suffer gas about 45 min after but hopefully her system will acclimate quickly.

That is all I had to report at this time- video below!

No comments: