Tuesday, February 24, 2009

How Deep is Your Love?


My last post I left with the promise of feeding broccoli to baby. I must say she loved it but it ended up in the trash because it caused such horrible, miserable gas. She woke up every 2 hours screaming. It was a tough night. We will be sticking with sweet potatoes and pear for now. We have had a rough few days in fact. Last Monday I didn't have enough pumped milk so I made up a couple bottles of formula. She hasn't had formula since that short stint in September. Chris gave her the bottle and she eagerly downed 6 oz! When I came home from work, I nursed her and then put her in her crib while I sat on the floor of the nursery folding laundry. She started fussing a little and then began vomiting profusely! She must have done it 5 times-it was really scary. Just to summarize quickly, we went to the ER, never got seen by a doc but did have her vitals taken. She was fine. We determined it was the formula- not sure if it is just too rich or if she is lactose intolerant or it was just simply too much. Anyway, she is fine now.
She turns 6 months on Thursday and her changes are coming so quickly! So smiley (no longer serious baby), vocal and rolling like crazy. She just started rolling from back to tummy in the last 24 hours. It is really cool but has also been tough getting her to sleep tonight. She keeps waking herself up and then becomes very upset. If only she could learn to roll back over! Speaking of sleep, her schedule has changed. She used to sleep from 7:00am-5:00am or so. Now she wakes up around midnight, then 5:00 then up for the day at 7:00am. I guess this is normal so other than feeling more tired than I have been in the last couple of months, I am accepting it as just another phase.
Right now seems like the best stage yet. I love to make her laugh. I love the way she just stares at me and then smiles. The love has moved to yet another level- how deep can it go?

No comments: