Sunday, February 15, 2009

So many boogers, so little time


Well Liliana caught her first cold. A real cold, not a little sniffle or fussiness like she has had in the past. This one is full out snot coming out of the nose, consistent cough, watery eyes and general misery (for her and for us because she feels bad). She is actually in pretty good spirits considering- it just further highlights her easy going personality. Sleep has eluded her for the last couple of nights. She is waking up every 3 hours or so (thankfully it is the weekend). I am able to nurse her back to sleep but her congestion and coughing wake her up. I am debating about taking her in to the doctor tomorrow or waiting for a week until her 6 month check up. I suppose if she doesn't seem better or even worse we will go earlier. I have learned how much she HATES people messing with her face. Trying to wipe her nose is a challenge and trying to use the bulb syringe to clear out the snot is nearly impossible. When I do succeed with the syringe, she cries so hard and I feel horrible. I can't explain that I am doing it to help her- I do anyway but it doesn't seem to matter.

She also was suffering from constipation yesterday. I attribute it to the bananas as I read they are a common cause. She was pushing so hard yesterday that her face was turning red. I started to make and freeze baby food yesterday so I made some pear and prune puree. Not only did she love the taste, it seemed to work immediately in clearing her out. VERY successful concoction last night and the cure carried over to this morning...yes, I couldn't keep away from poop talk for too long. Today I am going to make broccoli and sweet potatoes. It is really easy to make the purees and I feel really good knowing that the food I feed her is all natural and organic.

I hope she feels better tomorrow because it will be hard to be away from her knowing she is sick.
As an update to the last post, I think I was wrong about the tooth. However, everyday she is more active and fascinating.

No comments: