Wednesday, January 27, 2010

On the mend

Liliana's ear infection is clearing up and the cold that also appeared earlier this week seems to be waning. I am hopeful we have seen the end of this! 2 months is entirely too long to be sick for one little toddler. Today is the second to the last day she will be in daycare until I officially find a job. It is looking good that something will happen in the next 3-4 weeks and I am still in the running for both job opportunities. I am completely confused by unemployment benefits however. I think by the time I figure it out I probably won't need them! I received a debit card, checked my eligibility status and checked my balance on the card and I have $0. I have left numerous messages with the local unemployment office and no one has ever called me back. I want my $385/ week dammit!

So now that everyone is healthy, I am looking forward to doing a lot more with Liliana in this bonus free time we have together. I also got a month free pass to a gym in town so I am looking forward to getting back in shape!

Oh, I almost forgot, I have decided to go forward and have Liliana's speech delay evaluated. I made the call and am waiting for someone to call back to schedule a home visit. Either I made the right move for early intervention, or they will tell me she is fine and no need to worry. Seems like no harm can be done with this appointment. I will keep you updated!

No comments: