Sunday, April 25, 2010

I know I know


I owe you all (my five readers) a really good post! But tonight is not the night. I will be in Iowa all week for training so I imagine I will be very reflective AND have the time to post- a perfect recipe. I did want to document the amazing leaps and bounds that occurred just this evening. Liliana said "BYE" not "buh bye" in a baby way but "BYE!" in a very adult, clear, accentuated way! Then, ten minutes later while reading her to bed, I pointed at the baby wearing a diaper. I asked what the baby was wearing (because I am always encouraging her to speak even though I don't expect an answer) and she, as clear as day, said "diaper". Chris and I looked at each other in shock and amazement, high fived each other and then high fived Liliana. She loves to high five and high ten. All that positive reinforcement has got to lead to more words. Which it did because then she identified the baby's eye when asked. Screw the speech therapist. I am calling next week to tell them to close our file.
BYE! More from the town of Muscatine.

3 comments:

Steve said...

Liliana sounds to be doing great. I was going to say on your FB post to maybe play solitaire to pass the down time while in Iowa, now I think you should blog.

Last name is Kminek now, so there may be a strong pull to the solitaire thing so I gather. Ha Ha!! just kidding.

Hope your week goes quick. :)

marion kminek said...

I think Liliana has been messing with you. Obviously she has understood a lot of words all along but just didn't want to use them yet. She wanted to make sure you understood her own special language before she bothered to learn yours. Go Liliana!!

Ashley said...

ha ha... there's a funny little book i remember reading my little sister when she was little, all about the big sister showing her brother Max things like, "ball, Max. Say ball!" and "cat, Max. Say cat!" and he just sits there. Then at the very end she gives him an apple and says, "Apple, Max. Say apple!" and he smiles, takes a bite and says, "Delicious."

I think that's what Liliana's been doing to you.