Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Feline dreams

I had a dream last night that I was pregnant and ready to give birth. I was all alone on an examining table with my OB Dr Roth. She cut me open and told me since we had done this before, it would be easy. Since she had installed a 2 way zipper on my uterus she just unzipped vertically then horizontally. Then out jumped a tom cat. A full grown, kind of straggly, tabby. I tried to grab him so I could nurse him but he got away and ran down the hall. I was so concerned b/c he needed to be nursed but Dr Roth insisted it was common for them to need to explore and he would be back in a few days. I was horribly disappointed. The disappointment didn't stem so much from the fact that I gave birth to a full grown cat and not a human, but that he was so plain and feral. I was thinking that this was the last chance I had to have a baby and he didn't even possess an interesting fur pattern or a cute, round face. He eventually came back and I tried to nurse him. Needless to say, he wanted nothing to do with that. I woke up very relieved that I had not birthed and nursed a feline.

1 comment:

Steve said...

What a vivid dream. I would imagine it is a way to let out some of your grief.

sad due to your grief, but still funny you were relieved you didn't nurse and give birth to a cat.

I think that is how we grieve. We laugh some and we cry some, but eventually we end up o.k.

You will be o.k. Leigh!! :)