Monday, July 19, 2010

If things turned out differently

Strange to think that I would be home with a newborn right now if I hadn't had my first miscarriage in November. I was due 7/15. It is also strange to think that I most likely wouldn't have my job with HON if I hadn't lost the baby. And if they were so gracious to hire a 5 months along pregnant woman, it would be very strange to be leaving a new job after 4 months for maternity leave. I guess what I am saying, is that looking at the positive side of things, I am very content with where my life is right now and it feels right where I am sitting at the moment. I am not sad to be realizing I have passed my due date. I am excited about my future with this job and pregnancy at the very beginning probably just wouldn't have fit. I hate the saying "everything happens for a reason" as much as you probably do but I think it fits here.

Sometimes I even question if we want a second baby. I feel so fulfilled with Liliana that when I think about a baby it kind of freaks me out! But then I think about a family of four and it makes me giddy with excitement. One day at a time.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Seems your outlook has changed a bit. A little more content. I am glad for you. :)