Friday, August 8, 2008

38 weeks pregnant

This is the first post and I am tempted to try and recapture all thoughts and feelings since the day we discovered we were pregnant in December of 2007! However, that would be a mess so the only thing I want to say is that I have had a fantastic pregnancy. I have loved the experience completely. We are so excited to finally meet this little peanut but, I must say, I am going to miss having her in my belly! I wonder of that is where the baby blues come from- actually missing being pregnant?
Tomorrow is my 38 week check-up and we will find out if she is still breech. It looks like a scheduled C-Section is in the future. I am disappointed b/c I have these romantic ideals about going into labor and Chris rushing us to the hospital! The thought of scheduling the birth bothers me. Everything in my life is scheduled- I LIVE and BREATH by my calendar- the spontaneity of labor is something I looked forward to!
Well, tomorrow we will know more...

4 comments:

davec said...

Love the blog, glad things are going well. We're both very excited to meet the peanut as well. Dave and Lill

Anonymous said...

Hey Leigh-
I'm terrible at this blogging thing, but I love your first entry.
I'm excited for you and Chris and I can't wait to see litt;e peanut.

I'm glad your pregnancy has gone well. Enjoy the last 2 weeks and I know you've heard this a million times, get as much sleep as possible now.
Love & miss ya- Janice

Jeff Chef said...

Hey nice blog, I can just imagine that anxious feeling that must be drifting through the Kminek household right now.... Oh, my, my, my. We are looking to meeting Peanut as well. (is that a family name?)
Godspeed!
Jeff and Jen

Lisa said...

I think you can find the romance. You still have to pack a bag, Chris still has to drive you to the hospital, you still get to be alert and hold the baby immediately after birth. There will be flowers, cards, phonecalls, pictures and no sleep....and if thats not romantic enough, just wait till you see baby and feel something awaken that you've never felt before.

The good news is you can get pregnant again and again till you have the delivery you like ... because they're all different. xoxLisa