Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Going stir crazy

Okay, now I get why people say the last week is the hardest. I don't necessarily feel any more uncomfortable or different, I am just so ready to have this baby! I think taking this week off is making it more difficult too b/c I have time on my hands to just anticipate. Was it a mistake? Should I have kept working right up until the very end? I think in retrospect I will appreciate this time.
Chris said "we gotta get this baby out of you!" Yes, Chris, we do!
Then there is the concern that creeps in too. It was hard enough being paranoid throughout the pregnancy- reading too many articles about what can go wrong. I had finally gotten to a place where I was far enough along that I just sat back, relaxed and enjoyed ever little kick, roll and hiccup. Now that it is so tight in there she isn't moving like she was last week and now I have ventured into that world of worry again. It doesn't matter that "they" say this is normal, I just can't help but wonder if something is wrong.
I feel a bit lonely too b/c most of the people who were pregnant "with" me have all had their babies- some were due AFTER me.
I will say it one (or 5) more times- I am ready. I am READY to have my baby! I want to meet her and start my crazy, exhausting life with my new family.

No comments: